Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Well it has been another hectic day in the process. Today we received a message from DHL that our package was still not delivered and we shipped it on 10/2/06. They said they could not find the SWI (Social Welfare Institute) and that they needed a phone number. I have searched everywhere I can think of to find someone or a website that might have a phone number with not luck yet. I have checked with the agency and even a good friend from China and dead ends everywhere. Maybe the bright side is that late today I received an automated e-mail that the package was delivered this morning. I call DHL back and the contact that I had said the system still showed it as not delivered. So she is checking with "the station" to see where it is and will call me tomorrow to let me know. I still have one website working on finding the number just in case. I really hope the package gets to Ashley so that she can see what her Mommy and Daddy look like. We both just wish that we could hold her and give her the love that this family can provide as soon as possible.

"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."--Elizabeth Stone

I received that quote in an e-mail this week and find it to be so true in our lives. With Ashley we are doing this all over again for the third time.

Carl Sandburg - "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."

And finally I think that our grown daughters are seeing this one to be true now, just as we did after we had grown up and moved on from our Moms and Dads.

Chinese proverb - "To understand your parents' love, you must raise children yourself."

Thanks Mom & Dad for loving us so much that we have been able to love and live with abundance. To be able to give our children and grandchildren the love just as you gave it to us, to "Pay it forward". God bless you all.

4 comments:

Stacey T. said...

I'm at work, and will be home at 12:30 (pacific), I MIGHT have the phone number in my paperwork. I'll post if I do.

Stacey T. said...

I'm home, and I only have the address in Chinese, I'm sorry :(

Mike & Billie said...

Thanks for checking, I received the number from the blessedkids site today and have given it to DHL.

Anonymous said...

Daddy is trying very hard to get your package to you. I hope it makes it. There are a few things in there for you to play with and pictures of mommy and daddy along with a blanket for you to cuddle until we can come and take you home. We love you. Mommy