Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Well I must say that the current wait is much harder than the 18 months prior to that. We have known who our child is since 9/25/06 and it is now 10/24/06 and we still do not know when we leave to go get her. This is crazy!!! We are still waiting for the update to the form allowing us to bring home a child over 18 months old and there is no word on when that will come. There is still no word on the TAs from our agency and we need that to go. Then there are the flight arrangements and hotels and packing and medicines and, and, and..... But everything seems to be on hold right now and there is no logical reason for this hold!!!
Also DHL has not delivered our package that we sent on 10/2/06 to our baby. We gave then the address in English and Chinese and even paid to find out the phone number. Now DHL tells us that they delivered it to "a third party for the consignee" and they can no longer track it and tell us if it was delivered or not. I am glad that we paid them so much to deliver it to the orphanage. I guess they got their money and don't care about anything else. I knew we were taking a chance that our child would not get the things we sent but I thought the orphanage would be the ones not giving them to her not a paid shipping company.

Sorry I am venting right now as I want to hold and love our baby. I hope you all forgive me for my ranting but it is real hard to look at her picture and know you can do nothing for her right now. As a parent and grandparent I am not use to not being able to comfort my children or grandchildren.

Enough for tonight, please continue to pray for us and for Ashley.

1 comment:

Mike & Billie said...

Frustration is setting in a little in our wait. It seems like there is so much that still needs to happen but we know that it will and everything will turn out just fine. We will just have to remember to put it in God's hands. We Love you, Mommy