Sunday, October 15, 2006

Today was a wonderful day. First we were able to spend time in Church with the Lord and our Christian family. Next we were able to spend time with our oldest daughter and granddaughter. It would have been better if we could have spent time with our youngest daughter and granddaughter as well but the miles prevent that at this time. Today we went to lunch at a Chinese Buffet in town and had a great meal and good time talking and catching up. At the end of the meal everyone was opening their fortune cookies and reading their fortune to everyone else and laughing about how they applied or did not apply to them. When I opened mine I did not laugh, I choked back the tears as I read what that small piece of paper had to say "A small lucky package is on its way to you soon." We are now being told we should call Ashley "Lucky Package", but Billie and I are the lucky ones. God has blessed us with so many things in this life and with the things that money cannot buy. The love of our family, our precious daughters and granddaughters and ones on the way.
Thank you Lord, To God be the Glory Forever.

2 comments:

SA Narayanan said...

Wonderful. Have a nice time with your lovely little package.

I am from Chennai, INDIA, and I too was blessed with two lovely little packages - my grand-daughters, Sowmya (5 months) and Aditi (4 months). Two little darlings. I too felt the same way you feel, and I too thanked God for these little lovelies.

May God Bless you all,

SA NARAYANAN
rajappa41@gmail.com
16 Oct 2006

Mike & Billie said...

Yes sweetheart you are a wonderful package of joy. We can't wait until we can add you to our already wonderful packages of joy and blessings the Lord has given us. Christy, Jeremy, Taylor, Emma & Michelle & Hayleigh. They too are looking forward to meeting you. Love, Mommy